The new TSA (Transportation Security Administration) accepted Master Lock padlock 4687DNKL was designed with a security feature which allows TSA airport security agents to open the lock without destroying the lock. TSA agents are trained to recognize the Shuttle Sentry Certified Logo and should not break the luggage lock. The red indicator pops up when the lock has been opened by TSA. You’ll reset the lock with your personal combination.
The new TSA-accepted Master Lock padlock 4687DNKL was designed with a security feature that allows TSA airport security agents to open the lock without destroying it. TSA agents are trained to recognize the Shuttle Sentry Certified logo and should not break the luggage lock. The red indicator pops up when the lock has been opened by TSA. You’ll reset the lock with your personal combination.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) now suggests you lock your checked baggage with TSA-accepted and recognized locks. Shuttle Sentry™ Certified locks are accepted and recognized by the TSA. Look for the Shuttle Sentry™ symbol when shopping for TSA-accepted products.
Master Lock has joined along with TSA and Shuttle Sentry™ to use the special Shuttle Sentry™ mark on luggage locks that meet the requirements of the TSA. Airline check-in staff are trained to recognize the Shuttle Sentry™ mark, so they keep in mind that baggage with this special mark is permitted to remain locked. The TSA screeners have access to special tools that allow them to open TSA-accepted locks in the event that your bags must be opened for inspection.
Airport security professionals no longer wish to cut your lock or force your bag open and risk damaging it. They simply open your locks, inspect, and relock your bags, sending them quickly and securely on their way.
The red-and-white Shuttle Sentry™ logo on Master Lock TSA-Accepted locks notifies TSA screeners that they may be able to unlock, inspect, and relock the bag without damaging the lock.
** A red indicator pops up to indicate that TSA has opened the lock. No indicator means that TSA has not opened the lock.
Travel Tips from Master Lock
Whether you’re traveling within the United States or in another country, follow these simple steps to offer protection to you and your belongings:
- When checking your baggage, use a Master Lock TSA-accepted locking device–the one device the airport screeners won’t cut! These locks allow TSA screeners to inspect and relock your baggage without damaging your lock.
- Secure your carry-on bags with a Master Lock TSA-accepted locking closure as an additional safeguard.
- Place your contact information inside and outside your baggage. This provides the fastest way to be reunited with your baggage if it is lost or mishandled.
- Use a TSA-accepted lock on all bags all over your commute–even in your hotel room and at the bell desk–as an additional theft deterrent. Available locks include: set your own combination, keyed, or locking luggage straps.
- Carry an ATM card, credit cards, or traveler’s checks instead of cash. Keep your traveler’s checks in a money belt under your clothing for extra protection.
- As recommend by the U.S. State Department, register your commute in case of emergency with the free online service: travelregistration.state.gov
- Sign your passport, include emergency contact information, and give copies of it and other important documents to a family member or trusted friend in case of an emergency.
What’s in the Box
Instant Alert TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock.
Suggested uses, luggage, backpacks, bags, small cabinets, briefcases, computer bags, for indoor use only
Red indicator signals when lock has been opened by a TSA inspector
Set your own combination
Contemporary satin nickel finish compliments upscale Shuttle bags
1-3/16-inch (30mm) wide padlock recognized and accepted by TSA
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: Master Lock 4687DNKL Instant Alert TSA Accepted Luggage Lock$9.44
- Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Combination TSA Accepted Cable Luggage Lock, 1-3/16 in. Wide, Assorted Colors, 4688D$6.78
- Master Lock Padlock, Set Your Own Combination TSA Accepted Cable Luggage Lock, 1-3/16 in. Wide, Blue, 4688DBLU$6.78